Download Previous Capitol Sower PDFs
Tools of the Trade.
Fountain Project Beings.
Keeping the Capitol Comfortable.
Welcome and Wealth.
Governor's Hearing Room Chairs.
Elevators Back in Service.
New Plaque Unveiled.
Nebraska’s Memorial Chamber
Elevator Project Process.
Celebrating 100 Years.
Law Library Renovation.
Return to Service.
Exterior Masonry is Completed.
Exterior Masonry Nears Completion.
Exterior Masonry Update.
The Capitol Illuminated.
21st Century Capitol
Final Phase of Masonry Project.
Download Annual Reports PDFs
Capitol quick facts
- Construction started in 1922, completed in 1932.
- The architect was Bertram G. Goodhue.
- There are 15 floors above ground.
- The building is 400 feet tall.
- It is the third Nebraska State Capitol.
- It cost $9.8 million in 1932 dollars.
Are You Interested in Seeing the Building in Person?We're open 7 days a week, so plan a visit here. Then, explore some photos and perhaps read more about the Memorial Chamber.
Stay up to Date
Get the Newsletter!
Discover the American architectural masterpiece
- Monday ‐ Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday ⁄ Holidays: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Tours Available on the Hour
(Except at Noon)
- Open every day except Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.