Preservation Association of Lincoln
Lincoln, Nebraska is rich with history. From tales of Native Americans living off the land to the pioneers leaving everything behind to stake their claim in the Wild West to the founders and architects of Lincoln - these are stories that have been passed from generation to generation.
Are You Interested in Seeing the Building in Person?We're open 7 days a week, so plan a visit here. Then, explore some photos and perhaps read more about the Memorial Chamber.
Capitol quick facts
- Construction started in 1922, completed in 1932.
- The architect was Bertram G. Goodhue.
- There are 15 floors above ground.
- The building is 400 feet tall.
- It is the third Nebraska State Capitol.
- It cost $9.8 million in 1932 dollars.
Stay up to Date
Get the Newsletter!
Discover the American architectural masterpiece
- Monday ‐ Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday ⁄ Holidays: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Tours Available on the Hour
(Except at Noon)
- Open every day except Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.