Now is the time…...
Now is the time to come to the Capitol, take a north elevator up to 14th floor and enjoy the colors of the fall. The golds and purples of the ashes have gone…...the reds of the maples are just about over. The oaks are at their peak of gold, russet and orange. The observation decks are open during public building hours as weather conditions allow. While visiting the Capitol, check out the Vestibule dome where the tours begin. At the top of the dome around the golden sun mosaic, the seasons are represented. Autumn is dressed in pink and products of Nebraska’s agricultural harvest surround the seasons.
Are You Interested in Seeing the Building in Person?We're open 7 days a week, so plan a visit here. Then, explore some photos and perhaps read more about the Memorial Chamber.
Capitol quick facts
- Construction started in 1922, completed in 1932.
- The architect was Bertram G. Goodhue.
- There are 15 floors above ground.
- The building is 400 feet tall.
- It is the third Nebraska State Capitol.
- It cost $9.8 million in 1932 dollars.
Stay up to Date
Get the Newsletter!
Discover the American architectural masterpiece
- Monday ‐ Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday ⁄ Holidays: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Tours Available on the Hour
(Except at Noon)
- Open every day except Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.