Courtyard Fountains Arrive
The foundry has delivered the first of the four courtyard fountains that will be installed as part of the State’s year long Sesquicentennial celebration. In the early morning hours of March 15, the contractor’s crew unloaded and brought in the bronze fountain to be installed in the southwest courtyard. The fountain was delivered in two pieces because the doorway to the cafe which leads to the courtyard was two small to allow the full-sized fountain to pass, After delivery in the courtyard contractors placed the two pieces of bronze bowl onto the welding table they brought from the foundry in Utah and welded it together.
Are You Interested in Seeing the Building in Person?We're open 7 days a week, so plan a visit here. Then, explore some photos and perhaps read more about the Memorial Chamber.
Capitol quick facts
- Construction started in 1922, completed in 1932.
- The architect was Bertram G. Goodhue.
- There are 15 floors above ground.
- The building is 400 feet tall.
- It is the third Nebraska State Capitol.
- It cost $9.8 million in 1932 dollars.
Stay up to Date
Get the Newsletter!
Discover the American architectural masterpiece
- Monday ‐ Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday ⁄ Holidays: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Tours Available on the Hour
(Except at Noon)
- Open every day except Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.