105th Legislature Convenes
As the 105th Nebraska Legislature convenes on January 4th, the Nebraska Legislative Information Office has made access to all things legislative convenient via the Nebraska Unicameral Website. Parking is not quite so convenient. There is very limited parking around the Capitol and in the residential areas south, east and west of the Capitol. The City of Lincoln has parking garages located downtown which may provide the best option for those coming to Lincoln and the Capitol during the Legislative session. As always, Capitol tours are available during the session.
Are You Interested in Seeing the Building in Person?We're open 7 days a week, so plan a visit here. Then, explore some photos and perhaps read more about the Memorial Chamber.
Capitol quick facts
- Construction started in 1922, completed in 1932.
- The architect was Bertram G. Goodhue.
- There are 15 floors above ground.
- The building is 400 feet tall.
- It is the third Nebraska State Capitol.
- It cost $9.8 million in 1932 dollars.
Stay up to Date
Get the Newsletter!
Discover the American architectural masterpiece
- Monday ‐ Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday ⁄ Holidays: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Tours Available on the Hour
(Except at Noon)
- Open every day except Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.