Capitol.org makes every effort to ensure accessibility for all users to our site, including compliance with the State of Nebraska’s Technology Access Policy as adopted by the Nebraska Information Technology Commission and Section 508 accessibility standards. Please notify us should you find any deviations from these standards so we can resolve the matter.
For your information, the State Technology Accessibility Standards may be viewed at:
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Roxanne.
Are You Interested in Seeing the Building in Person?We're open 7 days a week, so plan a visit here. Then, explore some photos and perhaps read more about the Memorial Chamber.
Capitol quick facts
- Construction started in 1922, completed in 1932.
- The architect was Bertram G. Goodhue.
- There are 15 floors above ground.
- The building is 400 feet tall.
- It is the third Nebraska State Capitol.
- It cost $9.8 million in 1932 dollars.
Stay up to Date
Get the Newsletter!
Discover the American architectural masterpiece
- Monday ‐ Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday ⁄ Holidays: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Tours Available on the Hour
(Except at Noon)
- Open every day except Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.